Sunday 8 December 2013

68 - Unexpectedness

'The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps' (Proverbs 16:9) 

Sometimes God brings things into our lives that completely take us by surprise. Moments we can look back on and think 'I never would've imagined that.' 

Take Ruth from the Bible, for instance. If you'd told her, before she first married, that her husband would die, that she would leave home with her mother-in-law and believe in her God, that she would end up marrying Boaz and be in the lineage of the Son of God, I doubt she would have believed you! 

Moments of unexpectedness can colour our lives too, even if not as spectacular as Ruth's. 

For example, God blessed me with the opportunity to join my sister's Christian Union on their weekend away, even though I'm not a student at their uni. It was such a wonderful time, maybe part of it due to the fact I never expected such a chance to come to me. 

Even moving house - the friends I've made, the experiences I've had - many just within 2013! - all unexpected goodness from God, goodness I never would have seen coming earlier in my life.

Unexpected goodness I can thank Him for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment