Wednesday 22 October 2014

125 - When God clearly acts (even in little things)

I love it when something happens to remind me just how real and alive and wonderful God is. To remember He's there in heaven, He's here in me and He loves us so, so much.

These reminders can be big - like when prayer is answered and someone is saved - or little.

Let me give such an example.

Recently, I was reading of Jesus' resurrection during my quiet time. It made me think of Keith and Kristyn Getty's song 'Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed.'

(Here's a link for those who haven't heard it - shame on you...just joking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4E9s_W0sos )

Anyway, I wrote a few of the lyrics from this song down in my notebook.

Seconds later, the song started playing on my ipod (which was on shuffle).

My mouth really did drop open. I was laughing and amazed.

It was as if Jesus was watching from heaven, grinning and saying 'Oh, so you're reading about my resurrection? You're glad I'm alive? Well, let me show you just how alive I am!'

Who says He's serious? Who says He doesn't have a sense of humour?

Thank you God for the reminders that you are the one true Lord, that you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment