Saturday 8 November 2014

127 - Alarm clocks (or phone alarms)

'How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep?' (Proverbs 6:9)

I'm gonna be honest here. When my alarm goes off in the morning - and I don't get up that early compared to most people I know - I don't go 'YES! Thank you God for alarm clocks!' 

I'm only human. 

However, what's the alternative? An alarm clock that doesn't go off? No alarm at all?

You wake up late and in a panic. You have to get washed, dressed, fed and out the house in a rush. Traffic inevitably slows you down more. The rest of the day goes badly. 

Yeah, we don't like being woken up. We don't like getting out of our snug beds. 

But we're glad we have alarms that work; that prepare us for the day ahead in good time. 

Just watch the Home Alone movies. 

Home Alone 2 - GIF - Slept in  again!


(All because their alarms didn't go off)

No comments:

Post a Comment