Monday 23 March 2015

144 - Godly people in our lives

'...set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.' (1 Timothy 4:12)

I am thankful that in my life, I know, and have known many Christians. And of these, I have met truly godly people, who encourage me to live for Christ - just as they did.

People like my parents. I wrote blog posts about Mums and Dads, but I just have to say again. I love my parents and am so, so thankful that God gave them to me.

But it doesn't just have to be your parents who set you an example in how to live for Christ. It could be:

A couple.

An older Christan

Your pastor and his wife.

A sibling.

A friend.

It could even be someone younger than you. You can learn things from watching children, I believe, such as their lack of reserve, or their acceptance of anyone.

And don't forget - you can set an example to others too. Someone might consider you godly. So live for Christ - you don't know who is watching.

Lord, thank you for the people in my life who I can look at and see Christ at work. May I grow into such a godly person.

No comments:

Post a Comment