Thursday 2 July 2015

152 - Getting free stuff

'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights' (James 1:17)

Only one post in June? Oh dear...You wouldn't think I was on holiday...

If you know me on Facebook or Instagram, chances are you saw me put a picture of doughnuts up. Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

And all because my friend persuaded me to sit and watch Wimbledon on a big screen in town one afternoon. Krispy Kreme staff came round, offering people the chance to join a raffle and win a free gift card.

Of all the people there, I won.

And I got to take a big box of doughnuts home to share with the family.

I don't say this to brag about my luck. I never normally win free stuff.

But when I do, I want to see it as one thing. A gift from God.

Simply because He's good. He's fun. He's kind beyond what we deserve.

And He gave us the best free gift ever. Far better than doughnuts.

He gave us eternal life.

It cost us nothing. It cost Him everything.

Thank you God, for free gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment