Friday 22 July 2016

183 - Daily grace.

'...His mercies...are new every morning...' (Lamentations 3: 22-23)

A few weeks ago I was rather morbidly reflecting on how I could pinpoint some of the ways I messed up as a Christian, day by day. 

On the Sunday, I was jealous. 

On the Monday, I was bitter and angry with someone.

On the Tuesday, I was a coward and lost a chance to get to know someone better at work. 

BUT...

God does not look at my failures. He looks back about 2000 years to the day His Son bled on a cross. 

Hear Him whisper:

'This drop of blood is for her jealousy...this for her bitterness...this for her fear...'

He died for each sin before I was even born. I can be forgiven the second after I mess up. 

Thank goodness it doesn't depend on me!

Thank you God that your grace never runs out. Thank you that my sin can never exceed your forgiveness. Thank you for mercies anew!

No comments:

Post a Comment