Wednesday 21 August 2013

48 - Furniture

'Exactly as I show you concerning the pattern of the tabernacle, and of all its furniture, so you shall make it.' (Exodus 25:9) 

I didn't realise just how much I take furniture for granted until an incident that happened while we were on holiday last week. 

The bed I was sleeping on...don't laugh...collapsed in the middle of the night. NOTHING to do with my weight. Everything to do with poor quality and the sides of the bed moving further apart. 

But God is good! There was a spare bed in the same room! So, I moved to the other bed. The next night, I was starting to lie down, there was a crash. 
Yup. 
A bed slate supporting the mattress had popped out and hit the the floor. 
Who says God doesn't have a sense of humour?

I ended up sleeping on a mattress on the floor. At least this can't collapse I reasoned.
Hopefully. 

Anyway, the point of that story is that I realised how grateful I am for my bed at home that I flop down into each night. 

Because everytime you put your weight on furniture, you are putting your trust in something unseen. 
Sound familiar?

Thank you God for the furniture we have that is well made and holds us up. 

Thank you that You never let us down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment