Monday 5 August 2013

45 - Healing

'...who heals all your diseases...' (Psalm 102:3)

Again, sorry for the delay! This time, I was away at a Christian camp - New Day - in Norfolk, for a week. 

Wow.
Just wow. I have never experienced anything like that in my life. 

There are so many things I could talk of that reminded me of all we have to be thankful for, but let me start with one in particular. 

Healing. 

On the Thursday night, they brought up on stage some people who'd been prayed for last year and where healed. 

A girl of lactose intolerance.

One guy of asthma.

Another no longer had to use glasses and could finally join the air force and do missionary work.

And a woman had been healed of a heart condition called POTS, which caused a increase in heartbeat that meant she used to be unable to raise her hands above her head for more than 5 seconds before she passed out. A doctor confirmed she was healed. And he said he'd never heard of anyone who'd been healed of the condition before! 

These people were just a few of the hundred or so who'd been healed last year. 

This year, people were prayed for again, and I think it was over 200 were healed! We got to hear their stories - one girl was healed of leg and lung conditions, another from her sprained shoulder joint, another of her short-sightedness, another of being colour blind. A boy was healed of a leg problem, another of his eye sight. 
One girl had been in a car crash and hadn't been able to touch her toes, dance or do the crab position. Well, after the prayer, we saw her do the crab position on stage, in front of us, to prove what God had done! 
And one of the most moving stories was a girl who used to self harm, who was healed of severe scarring on her arms. 

Again, these were a few on many. 

Don't tell me God isn't real. Don't tell me He isn't powerful. Don't tell me He isn't loving. 
Because that night I saw solid proof that He is all of these things! 

But who says He has to heal us? Why not just leave us until we reach heaven?

Because He is God and He loves to give us tastes of heaven and glimpses of His glory. 

THANK YOU LORD!



No comments:

Post a Comment