Sunday 9 February 2014

84 - Lie-ins

'...he gives to his beloved sleep' (Psalm 127:2)

A bonus of working from home is the freedom to choose when to get up. I get a great deal of satisfaction in snoozing my alarm and snuggling back down under the duvet. If I was really mean, I might say that the fact my two sisters have to get up earlier than me makes the chance to lie in all the more sweeter...

...But I'd never say such a thing! 

In all seriousness, the chance to lie in - for most people, Saturday morning - is a blessing we shouldn't let slide. 

God created us for work, but made a day especially for resting too. 

Let's thank Him for it!





(I write a post like this, but if I ever became a mum and I had a child who was indulging in a lie-in for longer than they should, I might be tempted to march in and yell Proverbs 6:9 at them.

'HOW LONG WILL YOU LIE THERE, O SLUGGARD? WHEN WILL YOU ARISE FROM YOUR SLEEP?' 

But that's just me ;)    )

No comments:

Post a Comment