Friday 14 March 2014

91 - The Unstoppable Growth of God's Kingdom

'And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how...“To what shall we liken the kingdom of God?..It is like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth; but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade.” (Mark 4:26-27, 30-32) 



Recently our church had the privilege of Jeff Purswell visiting. He preached a sermon on the passage quoted above, and it was such a huge encouragement, as well as a reminder of yet another reason we can thank God. 

I don't know about you, but when it comes to telling others about Christ, I feel like a huge failure. I can't think of ways to bring up such conversations, and if the opportunity ever arose, I'm sure my mouth would dry up. I look back on past conversations with friends from sixth form and wonder if I should have said more, or said it better. The thing most important to me is the thing I can't even talk about with the passion it deserves. 

Well. That's OK. 

Because I am a failure. But Christ is always victorious. He was the one who planted the seed of His kingdom. And it's growing, regardless of how useless an evangelist I am. 

If someone doesn't get saved, it's not because I wasn't good enough. God doesn't look down and go 'Whoops! Should have sent someone else!'

No. He knows our weaknesses, yet He uses us anyway, helping us grow stronger in the process.

Thank you God that the growth of your kingdom is not reliant on us. Thank you for using us despite this. Thank you this can encourage us to share your word all the more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment