Wednesday 6 August 2014

115 - Prophecy

'For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.' (2 Peter 1:21)

For a long time, I've tended to feel quite down and depressed about family who aren't following the Lord, about non-Christian friends who I have no idea how to speak to about Jesus. 

Then last week, I went to the Christian event Newday in Norfolk. 

At the end of a seminar, the speaker told everyone to pair up with a stranger, and wait for God to give them a message for the other. A complete act of faith. All  you knew about the other person was their name. 

And the girl I was with - someone I'd never ever met before, who knew nothing about me - said the following:

'I believe God is giving Naomi the message that her family and friends can be saved.'

...WOW. 

I can't describe how much that affected to me, only that for the first time ever in a Christiand meeting, I cried. 

God knew what was on my heart. He knew what I needed to feel encouraged. 

That prophecy is something I can carry with me for the rest of my life. 

Who said God had to give it to me in the first place? He didn't. I don't deserve a direct message from the Holy God. 

But because His Son died, because His Spirit was sent, I was able to hear those words. 

And I am so, so thankful for them, for prophecy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment