Friday 4 September 2015

159 - Feeling like you were missed

'...his father...ran and embraced him and kissed him.'  (Luke 15:20)

I think every human has the desire within them to be loved, to be needed, to be missed.

And the times we're reminded that we are become precious to us.

For example, a few months ago, I went away for a week. When I returned, my family hugged me and told me that I was missed. And it didn't feel like empty words - I could feel they were true. (Partly because my sisters grabbed me and told me they were never letting go again.)

Another example - I volunteer in a charity shop and I have to take every summer off because of other commitments.

Yesterday, I went back again. One lady told me I was missed. They asked loads of questions about my summer and made jokes about how long I'd be gone. It was really nice.

But all this is paled into insignificance when we think of the reception we shall get from our heavenly Father when we join Him there. We were always meant to be by His side, and it is only by Jesus that we can return to Him.

Think of His smiles, His hugs, His joy. We shall wonder why we ever left!

And be thankful for His love, as He speaks the words 'Welcome home.'

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a beautiful post, what a hope we have to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete