Wednesday 23 September 2015

162 - The ability to read

'...devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture...' (1 Timothy 4:13)

If you ask my family, or my friends, what my favourite past-time is, there's a good chance they'll say 'Reading!'

Yes, I have a mild obsession with books. Nothing to be ashamed of.

But...I read so much, I take it for granted. I forget everything that had to happen for me to be able to read.

God gave me a brain which can translate the shapes on a page into a language I can understand. He gave me eyes that can see the words.

He put me in a country where an education is readily available for someone like me.

He gave me two wonderful parents who took the time to sit down and teach me how to read.

He gave humans the resources and knowledge of how to turn trees into books.

But, best of all, He gave me the ability to read HIS word. The Bible. The book which contains the message of eternal life. The book which helps me live in a relationship with the awesome God.

Thank you so much Lord, for giving me the ability to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment