Thursday 10 August 2017

193 - Constantly amazed by Nature

'For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.' (Romans 1:20)

Isn't it amazing that the world we leave in is the same world, every day, and let there are still aspects of Nature that never fail to amaze us?

The other day, I was coming back from work. It was raining and the sun was setting. I was standing at the top of the hill we live on and see the sun's light against the rain clouds - the rays falling in beams across the horizon - the pinks and the golds. And it was beautiful.

I must have seen hundreds of sunsets in my lifetime. And I imagine I'll see many more.

And yet they never cease to amaze me with their beauty.

Why?

Maybe there's something a little different about each one. Or maybe its the was y God uses the objects He created to work in a way that reflects His glory.

Maybe its the appreciation of beauty that He put inside us. Or the recognition that Nature is a pale reflection of something better yet to come - Heaven itself. 

So admire the sun on morning dew. Stare up at the stars. And be thankful that God made a Creation that constantly amazes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment