Monday 12 March 2018

194 - Tears

'You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?'  (Psalm 56:8)


And I'm back! First post of 2018. Whoops...

Tears may seem like a strange subject to start with on a blog all about being thankful. After all, what's good about tears? Your eyes go red and blotchy, your nose runs, your cheeks are wet and your voice is all hoarse.

Well, it's because they are a kind of release. A way of being honest.

Tears say 'No, I'm not alright. I can't pretend I'm alright anymore.'

Tears get rid of that tight ache in your chest and the overwhelming misery in your heart.

The Bible assures us that God sees and cares about each tear we shed. When we hide in the bathrooms and feel like no-one else sees or cares, He does see. And He does care. Oh, He cares so much.

He weeps with us.

But He will do more than that.

The Bible promises us that there will be a day when we shall never again cry tears of grief. God Himself will personally wipe them away.

And if we do cry again, you can bet it will be tears of laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment