Tuesday 2 July 2013

38 - Gratitude

'In every way and everywhere we accept this with all gratitude.' (Acts 24:3)

How often do you meet someone who can express their gratitude in such a way that you know they are completely genuine in what they say?

How often do we just toss out a half-hearted 'thanks' to someone? 

Real gratitude is a gift from God. I realised that today when some friends who are moving away gave me a thank you gift that nearly made me cry. Because it was a poster that used to hang in their kitchen, one they couldn't take with them, that they'd designed themselves. With the picture was a note that, in a few words, summed up their gratitude.

It really put the small thank you notes I am used to scribbling to shame! 

Thank you God for genuine gratitude. May I learn to express it to a similar degree to others, and to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment