Wednesday 24 July 2013

44 - Chances to evangalise

'And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.' (Mark 16:15-16) 

The reason I haven't written any posts for a while is because I've been away in Scotland on a week of evangelism. I don't say this to point out how good I am, but because it was one of the most amazing and challenging things I have ever done. I came away with plenty of reasons to be thankful! 

For example, we can be thankful God has given us the chance to evangelise, to tell others the gospel. 

Who are we to be God's spokespeople? Weak, pathetic vessels in which to carry the priceless treasure of His word! 

Yet He 'chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise...what is weak in the world to shame the strong' (1 Cor 1:27)

This doesn't necessarily mean we all want to embrace evangelism with open arms. Oh no, sometimes it can be very scary! After all, you are telling people they are sinners in need of a Saviour. 

But God has promised to be with us through it all. He is the one who changes hearts. And that's the hardest part! 

Thank you Lord that you can use someone as weak as me to spread your gospel. May I do it effectively for your glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment