Sunday 27 October 2013

62 - Memories

'I thank my God in all my remembrance of you...' (Philippians 1:3)

I watched a film called The Vow a while ago, and it made me realise how important memories are to us and how thankful we should be for them. Because memories play a role in shaping who we are as a person. 

For example, if I lost all my memories, I would not remember my family, the home we used to live in, the church and friends we had there. I would not remember making a new life where we live now, the wonderful church and friends we have here. I would not remember the good and bad times of life that have helped me grow and made me what I am today.

And would I even remember the God who died for me and how much I love Him? 

I don't know. It's a chilling thought.

And it makes me value the mind I have that can still retain and value those memories. Thank you God for EVERY one of them! 

1 comment:

  1. Very good reminder. And as an aside - I really recommend the book on which the film was based. Not Hollywoodised - gritty love and faith that's truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete