Saturday 5 October 2013

57 - Fires in the Grate on a Cold Night

'...a charcoal fire...' (John 21:4)

(It was hard finding a Bible verse that went with this, okay? Some of the fires in the Bible aren't the warm and comforting things I'm going to write about...;)


(Disclaimer - not taken tonight. Belongs to my sister)

On a cold winter night like tonight, we are all thrilled when Dad consents to build a fire. I sit and enjoy the warmth, the sight of the flames dancing on the log, and the quiet crackles and noises it makes as I write this post. 

I'm very thankful we actually have a fireplace where we can have real fires. I've been  in houses with electric fireplaces, which work just as well, but don't create quite the same atmosphere ;)

I'm also thankful God provided the trees that give us firewood, the ground that yields its coal for our use. 

And finally, I'm thankful that we do have these cold autumn and winter nights when we can truly appreciate and be thankful for a fire. I doubt we'd appreciate them so much if it was summer all the time!

Thank you God for the simple pleasure of a warm fire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment