Thursday 8 May 2014

101 - The sound of rain on the window

I share a loft room with my two sisters, which means when it rains, it's particularly loud when the drops hit the roof windows. This can sometimes be extremely irritating, especially if you're a light sleeper like me. 
And, as much as I blush to admit it, if the rain gets really, really wild, with wind and thunder and lightning, I almost get nervous, wondering just how strong the glass actually is. 

But there's reason to be thankful .                                                                                                       

For example, some might say the pattering sound is pleasant, (but I'm not about to write poetry on the topic just yet). 

Others might say it's a reminder God is refreshing the earth with the rain, which is true. 

For me, the sound reminds me I have shelter. I have a roof over my head. I have a soft bed to lie in. I'm not outside getting soaked, because God has blessed me with a home. 

We can give thanks to Him over anything - even the splash of rain on the glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment