Wednesday 14 May 2014

102 - God's value of us

'Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.' (Matthew 10:31) 

'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.' (Isaiah 43:1)

I'm a worrier. I worry about my Uni course - will I pass with a good mark? I worry about family - will they be safe each day? Friends, job, the future - you name it, it's likely I've worried about it at some point. 

And it's all so pointless. 

God cares every part of His creation - even down to the sparrows, 'customarily thought of as the smallest of creatures'. You could pay for two with a penny 'one of the least valuable of Roman coins' (ESV study Bible). 

If He cares for a creature that was considered the least significant in Creation, then how much more will He care for me, for us - made in His image and saved from sin and death with the blood of His Son whom He loved so much. 

He thinks we are worth that much. 

If He values us that much, we can trust Him with our lives. What's the point in worrying when the Mighty God of the Universe loves you? 

Thank you God for valuing a sinner like me! 


2 comments:

  1. Naomi, once again your post hit me exactly where I needed it. Been giving in to worry far too much lately and your words (and His) were such a good reminder :) thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found them encouraging :) xx

    ReplyDelete