Thursday 22 May 2014

103 - God choosing us

'Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.' (Ephesians 1:4)

This verse kind of makes my brain want to explode. 

God chose every Christian before the world was even made. 

Which means GOD chose ME. Long, long, long before I was born. 

Why? What makes me any different to anyone else on the earth?

Only one thing. God's grace. 

It's only by His grace that He looked into the whole of time, before time even existed, into the century, year, place, date and hour that I would be born and decided 'Her. At the age of 7, her eyes shall be opened, she shall be saved with the sacrifice of my Son, and she shall become my child.' 

I can almost imagine the angels' astonishment when it took place. 
'Her? Why her? She's no-one special! She's a sinner who hates You and rebelled against you! Why would you choose her?' And perhaps God smiled and said to them,

'True. She's no-one special. She's a sinner. But I'm not choosing her because of who she is. I'm choosing her because of who I AM.' 


Lord, thank you for choosing the worthless to show You are worthy. Worthy of the highest praise and the most heartfelt thanks! 

Thank you for your AMAZING grace! 

1 comment: