Friday 6 June 2014

104 - Peace from God

'You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.' (Isaiah 26:3)

This week, my brother and sister had job interviews, my sister and some friends had exams, and I had a big uni essay to hand in. All nerve-racking stuff. 

But Christians don't have to feel the same panic that non-Christians might feel. Because we know all things are in the hands of a sovereign and loving God and Father. 

We worry and fret that we'll say the wrong thing, write the wrong thing, not get the job, not get the grades we want, fail the essay. God smiles at us and says,

'Don't worry. If you fail, it's because I have something better in mind. My plan won't be affected by your mistakes. If I sent my Son to die for you, don't you believe that I can get you through this? Trust me.'

Thank you God for the peace found in you. 

1 comment: