Monday 8 September 2014

119 - Generosity

'‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ (Acts 20:35)

Some people are more generous than others. My brother recently got a job and now that's he's getting a good pay, we can see how generous hearted he is - paying for meals out and doughnuts and so on. 

I, on the other hand, have a tendency to be more tight-fisted, something I'm ashamed of, but that God, in His mercy, is helping me grow out of. 

And I'm thankful for this, because it's so much better to see the joy and hear the gratitude of others, when you share what you have, then to hold onto your money. The pleasure of others is something you can remember and treasure. Money...you'll never have enough of it. 

When we are generous, we are showing thanks to God for all He's given us, saying 'This isn't mine, it's yours...so let me share with others what you've shared with me.' 

Earthly possessions aren't going to last. Heavenly rewards for kindness and generosity are. The warm approval of our Father is. 

So be thankful for the everyday, never ending generosity of God. 

And just copy Him. Loosen that fist. Treasure the 'Thank you', more than the money. 

Thank you God for generous hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment