Friday 19 September 2014

120 - Being silently included into conversations

So...interesting one.

I struggle in social situations. I find it hard to approach a group of people. Some stupid part of me thinks they won't want me butting in.

But sometimes I do, and whoever's talking will start looking at me as well as the others they were originally talking to. Just a small indication that they're saying I see you're here. I see you're listening and I'm not ignoring you. 

I'm thankful for those who do that - all the more because I'm bad at doing the very same thing. I get so into my conversation that I keep my attention on whoever I'm talking to - forgetting to shift my eyes to other people.

Yeah, something small. But something to think about.

And be thankful when that person looks at you as they talk.

2 comments:

  1. hey its ellie collins :)
    this is a great one! really enjoying reading back through your blog, its got me exploring parts of the Bible that I haven't looked at before. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie!
    Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying the blog and finding it helpful :) xx

    ReplyDelete