Wednesday 14 January 2015

135 - The chance to donate blood

'...its blood is its life...' (Leviticus 17:14) 

Due to only having a holiday job, not a full-time one, I wouldn't consider myself financially rich. (The fact I tend to be tight-fisted doesn't help this outlook).

But there are other things I have that I can freely give.

And one of them is blood.

I'm thankful that I'm healthy enough to give. That I'm not squeamish at the sight of needles. That just one pint from me could be enough to save a life. I may never know if actually have saved anyone. But that's OK.

Because I remember someone else who bled, that others might have life. Whose life and death saved many.

Thank you God for the chance to donate blood -

- and thank you for that day when Jesus shed His blood for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment