Monday 14 December 2015

171 - Flying

'...they shall mount up with wings like eagles...' (Isaiah 40:31)

I hope we can fly in Heaven. 

Until then...aeroplanes will have to do. 

Recently, I flew for the second time in my life...and I'd forgotten how much I love it. 

The slow trundle of the plane down the runway - then the WOOOSH as it accelerates and takes off. 

The sight of a city dropping away beneath you - spread out like a map, with familiar sights suddenly so tiny. 

Mum would call me crazy, but I even quite like the rocking of the plane in the wind. It's a reminder that yes, flying can be sometimes be dangerous, but we trust in a God who holds the plane safe in His hands. 

And then, finally, there's the speedy descent and landing. 

And the friends or family waiting at the airport. 

Thank you God for flying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment