Thursday 17 December 2015

173 - When we know the time is right.

'For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven' (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

Most things in life have to end at some point. 

Sometimes, it's hard. We wish it could have gone on longer. We struggle to see why it had to end. 

But other times, we know it's right. God gives us peace. 

For example, I spent a good part of my uni years dreading graduation, with no clue as to what I would do after. When the time actually came though...I was glad. I was ready to move on from education...I wanted to work in a proper job. I knew the time was right. 

Today, I finally left the charity shop I've been volunteering at for the past four years. I stayed so long because I got on well with the women there. However, it was still kind of a relief to move on to look for something new. The time was right. 

The ironic thing is, with our sovereign God in control, the time is actually always right. He has a plan and He knows when it is best for things to happen.

But we can be thankful for the times when we can understand and agree with His timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment