Saturday 15 June 2013

31 - Friends

'A friend loves at all times...' (Proverbs 17:17)

I'd like to establish at the beginning I'm not just talking in terms of Facebook friends! I'm talking about those who are your real friends, not just someone you know. 

There's a saying that you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. 

 I disagree.

I say God chooses both. And I'm so, so thankful for the friends He chose for me.

He's blessed me with friends from many places. From my old home, from the school I sat my GCSEs, from my sixth form, from various events we've attended as Christians and homeschoolers and, finally, from church. 

Some we see every week. Some we see once a year. 

Of course they're not perfect. No friend is. They can be boring, annoying, even very hurtful.

But in the end, that doesn't matter. Because they are my friends.

And they are one huge reason to be thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment