Monday 2 September 2013

51 - Forgiveness from God.

'...as God in Christ forgave you.' (Ephesians 4:32)

(Read the 50th Reason, the one below this first.)

God...forgave...us.

Us. 

The worms at His feet who tried to spit in His face. 

The weak beings who cried 'Who does this holy, wise, powerful, loving, all-present, all-knowing, truthful, just, faithful God think He is? We may be none of those things, but we can still do a better job of ruling the universe than He can!' God should've looked down at us and said, 'Umm...no you can't' and wiped us off the face of the earth. 

But He didn't. Instead He looked down, loved us and sent His perfect Son to suffer the punishment for our despicable rebellion. Through which He is able to look us in the eye and say those wonderful words.

'Your sins are forgiven.' 

Anyone who's brain doesn't explode trying to comprehend the magnitude of His forgiveness is just blind to the truth.

Because He let me off my debt of TRILLIONS of pounds, I am able to turn to my friend, relative, colleague, who owes me 50p and say, 'I forgive you.'

Thank you Lord so, so, so much for Your unfathomable forgiveness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment