Monday 16 September 2013

53 - Life

'As for man, his days are like grass...' (Psalm 103:5)

'...all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.' (Psalm 139:16)

Life is fragile. There's no denying it. It may seem morbid, but the fact is, every moment we're alive is a marvel.

Every moment we're alive is a moment to be thankful to God for.

I realised this when I almost got hit by a car the other day. A car didn't slow down at a zebra crossing as I was beginning to walk over. He braked much too close for my liking, let's put it like that! I really thought he was going to hit me. 
Thank you God that he didn't, that I live to write this blog post!

Even before I was born, God held my life in his hand. I read my Mum's old diaries a few years ago, and found out that, because I was in the wrong position, had her waters broken, I could have died. 

Thank you God that You know what my life will be. You knew before I was born. Thank you for each moment I sit here, heart beating, lungs breathing, able to live for your glory.

May I not waste any of those precious moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment