Monday 13 January 2014

76 - Fathers

'Fathers, ...bring [your children] up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.' (Ephesians 6:4)

Perhaps you're wondering why I've waited this long to write a post on fathers. Well, in response, I'd point out I have written a post on the Holy Spirit yet...all in the right time. 

I love my dad so much. 

I really don't know where our family would be if we didn't have his wisdom and calm common sense to lead us. (Not to mention the DIY, taxi service and pest control...)

There aren't enough words to thank God for putting a man like him as head of the family. Who raised me up to follow the Lord. 

Dad may be my earthly father, but he remembers to point to my Heavenly Father first. 

Are you thankful for your fathers? Obviously they're not perfect, no-one is. Obviously there are times you get annoyed or irritated by them. 
Perhaps they died when you were young, or more recently. 
Perhaps - for those of you reading this who I've not met - perhaps they were unkind or cruel to you. In those cases, remember you have that Father in heaven who NEVER lets you down.  

God, thank you so much for my fathers - Dad...and You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment