Friday 31 January 2014

81 - Consideration

'Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.' (Philippians  2:4)

God's recently reminded me that a moment of consideration is a jewel to treasure and thank Him for.

We speak so much. How often do we filter what we say?

For example, I finished some work early this week and was able to take today off. But then without thinking, I went talking about it. And for all I know, I could've been telling someone with a long and busy day, who'd like nothing better than to relax at home (which I get to each day). How did my words make them feel?

Or what if we were going on to someone about all the friends we saw recently, all the fun we had?

Do we have to say what we do? Was it vital that the person we tell knew? What were our motives anyway?

In the meantime, the person we've been showing off to goes home feeling...what? Happy for us? Maybe. But the truth is, they're only human. They might feel bitter. Or hurt. Questioning 'Why not me?'

One moment of consideration...just one. A moment when we think 'Do I need to say this?' and we leave words unspoken. Unsaid.

Because one day could change everything, and it could be us who goes home feeling hurt.

Lord, thank you for the many blessings you give both us, and others. May we be grateful for what we receive, yet considerate that others may not be receiving the same. May this knowledge hold our tongues, and make us grateful for each moment of consideration that others show us - both seen and unseen.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Tray. Needed to be said but you say it SO well! xx

    ReplyDelete