Wednesday 22 January 2014

78 - God's timing

'Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!' (Psalm 27:14)

God's timing is perfect. 

Anyone want to argue against that? I doubt that. Because when you look back at your past, you cannot help but see the hand of God at work. Maybe there were hard times you still don't understand. But on the whole, you see His goodness controlling all. 

Now to be vain and use my own life as an illustration...

I hated doing Textiles AS. My teachers were annoying, the work pointless...I couldn't wait to drop it. Yet I'll never regret the choice to take it. Why? Because another student taking Textiles as well became one of the best friends I made at Sixth Form. A friend I'm still in touch with, about two or three years later. God's timing was perfect. 

I've recently changed homegroups in my church. I felt for a while like my old one was no longer the right place for me to be, yet I didn't rush in, but waited a while. And now I'm in a group I wouldn't have chosen at first. Two of my good friends are going to be in it too. God's timing is perfect. 

So why do I keep forgetting that? Twisting my mind into knots over this and that. If it's meant to happen, it'll happen. All in His good time. He had all of eternity to plan. 

Thank you God for your patient timing, where I would rush in headlong. Thank you for the peace that can be found in your sovereign control of all things. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this reminder- I needed to hear that today, as I lie in bed with flu (again) and should be doing OU work and have an important job interview tomorrow...His timing is best, and yet how impatient we are, and as you said, would rather things happened in our time, and would just rush in. Keep on writing, sister! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you're ill! But I'm glad this post helped you and pray you recover soon and that the interview goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete