Sunday 26 January 2014

79 - People joining the church

'And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.' (Acts 2:47)

In our church today we had the blessing of seeing several people officially becoming members. It's good when God makes His family grow in this way. Obviously it's not all about filling seats but bringing glory to His name, and the sight of a church expanding and becoming established in a community is something to be very grateful for! 

(But God hasn't just brought people to our church. In His wisdom, He has moved some away and on. And although it's sad, we can be grateful He has new plans for them, new ways to glorify God. )

That being said, I absolutely love the church God put me in and am thankful when I see more people join the family we have become. If I had my way, they'd never leave! ;) At least we will all be unified in heaven. 

Thank you God for the growth of your body, your house, your family! 
Thank you for the church! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my godness. I am beginning to get extremely scared by the continued similarities between us...Are you sure you aren't another version of me, or me of you?
    This is what WE are thankful for this week. 2 new people got welcomed into membership yesterday!
    Praise the Lord for growth in His church, in yours and ours =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, brilliant! What an answer to prayer. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have you have described the changes in our church, it has really encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete