Tuesday 21 May 2013

10 - The Bible

' All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness' (2 Timothy 3:16) 

I must admit there are times I sit down, open my Bible and think 'Oh well, better get my quiet time done today, so I can get on with other stuff.' 

Ridiculous! 

How can I forget it is the written word of GOD in my hands? Not the work of men who died years ago. The work of GOD! 

I can be thankful He left me His word and did not leave me to struggle through the Christian life alone.

I can be thankful He sent the Holy Spirit to reveal the meaning of what I read and how to apply it to my life. 

I can be thankful for the people who went through so much to write the word, to translate it into my language, to make it readily available to buy and read. 

And I can be thankful that every one of those words are true. God created all. He sent Christ to die for me. One day, He will bring me home to live with Him forever.  

Because His Word is truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment