Friday 24 May 2013

14 - Health

'...that you may be in good health...' (3 John 1:2)

After last year, when family members where in A & E with pancreatitis, bronchitis and a chopped finger, I have started to appreciate the blessing that good health is. 

Even then, I don't think I appreciated it enough until I found myself at the doctor's with low iron levels. (Yeah, I know that's lame in comparison to what the others went through, but I hadn't had health problems for years.)

Why is it we don't appreciate things until we lose them? 

The fact we are alive is a blessing enough. The fact many of us can get out of bed, look after ourselves, and not fear a death that may come sooner than we hoped is a sign that God gives us SO much more than we deserve. 

May I be thankful for my health. 

And next time I have a cold, may I be grateful it's not something worse and stop being such a  drip! 

(Sorry. That was a poor pun. But I couldn't resist!) 

4 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I just stumbled across your blog via the Google Friend Connect thingy...I had no idea you blogged. Nice to read your posts, and yes! What a blessing good health is!
    Take care,
    Elspeth
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elspbeth, I meant to tell you I was blogging too! :)
      Thanks for reading, hope you and your family are ok x x x x
      p.s. How's the revision going? ;)

      Delete
  2. Ugh. SO glad to get the horrible TMA 06 out the way, and feeling a little better about the mountain of revision awaiting me! Our day school is this Saturday, so hopefully that'll be good.
    And you?
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that was a hard one! Though I think the worst had to be TMA 02, Oronoko and Candide :S

    Yeah, I'm not too worried about the revision actually (even though and haven't started, and even though I haven't had to revise for anything for two years!). Nor sure if that's good or bad. Once I have my last Lang TMA in, I'll have to get on with it!

    Looking forward to seeing you in the summer when it's all behind us!

    ReplyDelete