Monday 20 May 2013

8 - Birthdays

'...a time to be born...' (Ecclesiastes 3:2)

Wow, what a busy weekend! Hence the lack of posts. 

I totally blame my sister for having a birthday. 

Birthdays are definitely something to be thankful for - presents, food and the perfect material for emotional blackmail, 'But it's my birthday...'

On the other hand, some people only feel depressed about getting older, about the increasing number of candles on the cake. 

But they shouldn't really. 

Each birthday is a reminder that God has brought us safely through another year, another year of undeserved grace, where we deserved punishment but instead receive blessing. 

Every birthday we can look back and think, 'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home.' 

Finally, each birthday brings us one step closer to heaven where we will spend eternity with our Saviour forever! 
You may feel that's a grim note to end on, but I see it as a HUGE thing to be thankful for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment