Tuesday 28 May 2013

18 - Sisters

'...And she had a sister called Mary...' (Luke 10:39) 

'For there is no friend like a sister...' (Christian Rossetti) 


Ooh, I better be careful what I say here. Or certain family members of mine may beat me up. ;)

I consider myself extremely blessed to have been put in a family with five other sisters. I can be aunt to the children of one sister, while giving advice to another on her GCSEs. 

I have been thankful many times for the company of my sisters when attending weddings and parties where we hardly know anyone else. They are my shopping companions, my confidants and my best friends. 

In fact, we spend so much time together, we are often jokingly referred to as being one person! 

Obviously it isn't always fun and games. Sharing a bedroom is often going to result in arguments. There can be bossiness and irritation. 

But really, none of that matters. Because sisters are family and we love and are thankful for them so much. 


(And next time one of them wants to borrow something from me, they'll probably remind me of these words!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment