Thursday 23 May 2013

13 - Prayer

'...pray without ceasing...' (1 Thessalonians 5: 17) 

 It's sad how I sometimes see prayer as something I should do more, not something I want to do more. How the only times I remember to pray are when I'm asking for something from God. 

God, the incredible creator of the Universe, not only allows us to come before Him, through Jesus Christ our mediator, He WANTS us to come before Him. 

Think of that. 

Sinful, rebellious enemies. People who constantly disobey Him and reject Him. 

He wants to spend time with us. 


Not only that, but He was the one who made a way to Him through Christ. Now we no longer have to offer sacrifices as the Israelites did. 

We just speak. And He listens. 

Sometimes He speaks back. 


Thank you God for the gift of prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment