Friday 31 May 2013

21 - Books

'A room without books is like a body without a soul.'
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Those who know me know that I am an extreme bookworm! I have piles of them beside my bed, often read more than one at a time, and will have to buy a lot of bookshelves when I move into a house of my own.

As a result, I have been told I should buy a Kindle...

But the truth is, I have never fully appreciated all that had to happen for me to hold a book in my hands. 

God grew the trees that made the paper on which the book was written. (Unless it's an e-book) 

He inspired the author to write the words. 

Those words had to go through a lot of editing and publishing.

God provided the money for me to buy the book.

He gave me the brains to learn to read.

And he gave me the love of reading. 

I like to think there will be huge libraries in heaven.

Thank you God for books! 


No comments:

Post a Comment