Monday 27 May 2013

17 - Music

'...singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart...' (Ephesians 5:19)  

Few people I know pay close attention to the music used in films. In fact, I often get mocked for my interest in soundtracks and their composers. Yet if you watched a film with no music at all, I bet you'd notice the difference. 

Music is quite amazing if you think about it. Sounds strung together in a certain way that is capable of producing so many different feelings in the listener. Sadness, happiness, excitement, fear...

I'm thankful that God made us capable of reacting to music in this way, instead of making us emotionless beings who couldn't care less.

I'm also thankful He gave people the brains to compose such incredible pieces. Who can't be amazed by Handel's Messiah, for example? Or who has been drawn to a film because of the way music was skilfully mixed with clips to give a taste of something you feel you have to see?  

Music can also be used effectively in worship to turn our mind to God. I have no doubt heaven will be a noisy place! 

Thank you God for music. I am excited for the day when I will sing His praises in heaven alongside many, many others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment